Ossifying Collagen Barrier Membrane
Powered by GLYMATRIX® Technology
For Guided Bone Regeneration (GBR) and Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR) procedures
Clinically proven GLYMATRIX® is a proprietary collagen cross-linking technology, similar to the naturally occurring glycation process in the human body. The technology uses sugars to cross-link collagen molecules producing a bioprogrammable collagen matrix, which can be tailored to deliver products of varying physical properties and customized longevity. GLYMATRIX® powers the OSSIX® family of regenerative solutions.
OSSIX® Plus Features & Benefits
OSSIX® Plus is a resilient resorbable collagen barrier membrane:
- Maintains barrier functionality for 4-6 months
- Resistant to degradation when exposed for 3-5 weeks
- Excellent handling properties, adapts and conforms to defects, and adheres well to tissue.
- Porcine type I collagen derived, provides excellent biocompatibility and longevity
Barrier Function with True Ossification
Ossification is defined as the formation of bone, the state of being changed into a bony substance. OSSIX® Plus is the only barrier membrane that ossifies.
OSSIX® Plus is Intended for Use During GBR & GTR Procedures
- Ridge augmentation for later implant insertions
- Simultaneous ridge augmentation and implant insertions
- Ridge augmentation around implants inserted in delayed extraction sites
- Ridge augmentation around implants inserted in immediate extraction sites
- Over the window in lateral window sinus elevation procedure
- In implants with vertical bone loss due to infection, only in cases where satisfactory debridement and implant surface
- Alveolar ridge preservation consequent to tooth (teeth) extraction(s)disinfection can be achieved
- In intra bony defects around teeth
- For treatment of recession defects, together with coronally positioned flap
- In furcation defects in multi-rooted teeth
Refer to the IFU in the IFU Library for full information on indications and contraindications.
OSSIX® Plus is available in 3 sizes: OSSIX® Plus 15×25 mm, OSSIX® Plus 25×30 mm, OSSIX® Plus 30×40 mm. See How to Buy.
- Read the OSSIX® Plus brochure for more information including clinical images,
- Download the latest case study
- Watch the video OSSIX® Plus Resorbable Collagen Membrane